Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Small Miracles

As I was planning for this extended stay overseas, I did not give much thought to how difficult daily life could be.  In the short time I have been here, I have learned to be thankful for the small things.

I had every expectation that my bags would arrive with me.  They didn't.  I was losing hope with each passing day.  But just as I was about to write them off, the airport called me on day eight to say that one of them was in its possession.  Curiously, when I got there to retrieve it, no one seemed to have a record of anything being found.  Thankfully, the agent permitted me to personally inspect the baggage room.  To my delight I saw not one, but both of my bags!  Imagine my relief.

I also did not expect to have problems getting access to my cash.  That's because my bank assured me that my ATM card would work in any machine anywhere in the world.  Things didn't happen that way.  I must have tried machines at six different banks before I found one that worked for me.  Believe it or not, the machine that worked is owned by Amen Bank.  Now, every time I leave one of its ATMs with cash in hand, I proclaim, "Hallelujah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment